We consulted with selfie experts (celebrity vloggers, bloggers and makeup artists) to find out how to take a good selfie. Read on for twelve tips that will help you take your selfie game to the next level:
1. Choose the right angle. Avoid taking selfies from below, as this can make your features appear distorted. Instead, hold the camera slightly above your head or at eye level.
2. Find the perfect lighting. Good lighting is crucial for taking a great selfie. Natural light is always best, so step outside or position yourself near a window. If you’re indoors, make sure there’s not too much contrast between the light and shadow in the room.
3. Use filters sparingly. Filters can be fun, but do not go overboard with them. A little bit of filtering can help to enhance your features and make your skin look smoother, but too much can make you look unnatural.
4. Pay attention to your background. Make sure there’s nothing distracting in the background of your selfie. A messy room or busy street scene can be a major distraction from your lovely face.
5. Frame your shot wisely. When framing your selfie, think about what you want to include in the photo and what you want to leave out. A well-composed selfie will focus on your face and upper body, while still giving a glimpse of your surroundings.
6. Edit sparingly. A little bit of editing can go a long way, but don’t overdo it. Stick to minor tweaks like brightening your eyes or whitening your teeth. Avoid changing your appearance too much, as this can make your selfie look fake.
7. Find your signature pose. Everyone has their own signature pose, so find yours and run with it! Whether it’s a peace sign or blowing a kiss, owning your pose will help you take better selfies.
8. Take lots of photos. The key to taking a great selfie is to take lots of them! With digital cameras, there’s no need to worry about wasting film, so snap away until you get the perfect shot.
9. Be confident. One of the most important things to remember when taking a selfie is to be confident. If you don’t believe in yourself, it will show in your photo. So relax, have fun and let your personality shine through.
10. Practice makes perfect. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get the perfect selfie on your first try. Like anything else, practice makes perfect. The more selfies you take, the better you’ll get at it.
11. Be patient. Sometimes it can take a while to get the perfect selfie, so be patient and keep at it. It’ll be worth it when you finally capture that killer shot.
12. Have fun! Taking selfies should be fun, so make sure to enjoy yourself while you’re doing it. Let your creative side loose and have a blast. Before you know it, you’ll be taking amazing selfies like a pro.