If you’re looking for ways to make your life easier, these twenty life hacks are a good place to start. From cleaning and cooking tips to organization tricks, these life hacks will help you get things done more efficiently. So take a look and see which ones can help you out!
1. To clean your microwave, put a bowl of water inside and heat it for two minutes. Then, use a cloth to wipe down the inside of the microwave – the steam will loosen any stuck-on food and make it much easier to clean.
2. Tired of scrubbing burnt food off your pots and pans? Soak them in hot soapy water overnight and the food will practically fall off when you rinse them in the morning.
3. Sick of your cords getting tangled? Wrap them around a piece of cardboard or an empty paper towel roll and then secure the end with tape. This will keep them neat and organized, and it’ll be easy to find the cord you need when you need it.
4. If you’re always misplacing your keys, try putting a key hook by the door so you can hang them up as soon as you come in. This will help you keep track of them and make it less likely that you’ll lose them.
5. To make peeling garlic easier, first smash the cloves with the side of a knife. Then, put them in a bowl and pour some boiling water over them. Let them sit for a few minutes and the skins will come right off.
6. Don’t have time to wait for your butter to soften? Cut it into small pieces and then microwave it for a few seconds. It’ll be soft and ready to use in no time!
7. Desperate for a cup of coffee but don’t have any filters? improvise by folding a piece of paper towel into a cone shape and securing it with a rubber band. Pour your coffee grounds into the cone and then slowly pour hot water over it – voila, homemade coffee!
8. If you’re cooking with fresh herbs, put them in a glass of water on the windowsill so they’ll stay fresh longer. Change the water every few days and they should last up to a week.
9. Hate cleaning the oven? Line the bottom with foil before you start cooking and then just throw it away when you’re done. This will catch any drips and make cleanup a breeze.
10. To keep your produce fresh longer, store it in the crisper drawer of your fridge – most fruit and vegetables will last at least a week this way.
11. Never lose your place in a book again by using a paperclip to mark your page. Just open the book to where you left off, slip the paperclip over the top of the pages, and close the book – voila, your bookmark is in place!
12. If you’re always losing your remote control, try putting it in a mug on the coffee table. That way, it’ll be easy to find and you won’t have to go searching for it every time you want to watch TV.
13. Have trouble getting motivated in the morning? Try setting your alarm clock to play upbeat music instead of a buzzer. This will help you wake up and start your day on a positive note.
14. Tired of having to search through your purse for your keys? Attach them to a ribbon or keychain and then clip them onto the outside of your purse. This way, they’ll be easy to find when you need them.
15. To keep your shoes from getting scuffed, put a piece of clear tape over the toe. This will create a barrier between your shoes and the ground, and they’ll stay looking new longer.
16. Never lose your sunglasses again by keeping them in a hard case when you’re not wearing them. This will protect them from getting scratched or stepped on, and you’ll always know where they are.
17. Keep your jewelry organized and tangle-free by storing it in an empty egg carton. Just put each piece into its own compartment and then close the lid – no more hunting through a drawer for that missing earring!
18. To keep your clothes from getting wrinkled in your suitcase, roll them up instead of folding them. This will take up less space and they won’t come out of your bag looking like a crumpled mess.
19. Get rid of static in your hair by rubbing a dryer sheet over it. This will leave your hair smelling fresh and feeling soft, and it’ll help keep flyaways under control.
20. Keep your shoes smelling fresh by putting a dryer sheet in each one. Just tuck it into the toe and then put your shoe on as usual – the dryer sheet will help absorb any odors.